With the days getting longer, we start to do away with the ‘turn down’ process of closing blinds early and lighting fires and we can enjoy more time outdoors with the evening light and warmth.
Changing our routine is intrinsically linked to the changing of the seasons and we naturally remove heavier layers and lighten the colour palette – choosing white crisp cotton and a lightly striped duvet for the coming summer months. Adding a combination of patterns ensures the aesthetic remains casual – stripes mixed with botanical prints add a tropical vibe. On that note, we love botanicals and have a healthy obsession with house plants, which are great for reducing stress levels, increasing air quality and filtering light.
In the hours before bed, we go for walks and chat with the neighbours, there is usually a gang of kids keen on biking or scooting up the street. Our house has huge floor to ceiling windows and ranch-sliders which can be thrown open for that all-important indoor-outdoor flow.
It’s important to think about the small details as well, like adding crystals to the bedside table. Amethyst is one of our favourites in the bedroom as it helps purity, brings a healing energy to your dreams and most importantly helps promote deep uninterrupted sleep.
Setting bed time routines becomes challenging on hot summer nights, but our Sealy Posturepedic bed is made with natural fibres and designed with breathability in mind. It provides a very light, cloud feel with deeper support, which helps us to relax and recover after a long active day!
Top Tips for Summer Style
1. Change out bedding for a lighter, more neutral palette, crisp white, light blue and peachy pinks.
2. Forage for fresh blooms – Hydrangea’s are plentiful in the summer months
3. Add texture and pattern by adding small amounts in the form of cushions and light cotton throws
4. A simple palm frond or monstera leaf in a tall glass vase gives an instant tropical summer vibe
5. Have a good old fashioned spring clean, store away extra winter bedding and electric blankets, and declutter!
This is a post with a gifted product, but all the words and reviews are my own.